Sunday, June 10, 2012

Freihofer's Run for Women 2012


Chocolate chip cookies, professional runners and a women's only race - what could be better? Freihofer's Run for Women is quickly becoming a favorite for me (3rd time running) and right in my neck of the woods! ( BTW = Freihofer's is a huge bakery chain in the Northeast, hence the cookies and bread in the swag bag). 

Before! A look out over some grey skies. 

4500+ at the start!
Lining up under the staircase

Finish line (and the museum where I work)

After!

I was able to run the whole 3.1 miles and felt great. I had a race PR which is always a cause for celebration. As soon as I finished it started to pour so I passed on the post-race refreshments (more cookies) and headed home to relax (and eat cookies).

Once again Mamitu Daska won it in 15:19. 15:19! She was probably 1/2 way back to Kenya by the time I finished! Congrats to her and everyone who ran!

No comments:

Post a Comment