Thursday, September 16, 2010

Something Green

Today's photo challenge: something green.

With all the gardening I've been doing this summer (remind me to re-do that blog post over here) I've been blessed with lots of greenery despite the absolute lack of rain we've had this year.

Again, tonight was a busy one. In addition to my garden, some friends and I belong to the Red Oak Farm CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) or what I like to call it, a farm share. We paid the folks at Red Oak Farm in the Fall of 2009 and all summer long we've been given fresh, locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables. It's been delicious and fun to try new things. My friends and I get together to exchange veggies, have dinner and catch up. Tonight we had some yummy chili and it was perfect on a cool evening like tonight.

Onto the pictures...

Three variety of peppers from the garden:

Basil flowers close up:


Be sure to check out my fellow photo scavengers!

Megan's schenanigans
Kelly at Kohlarabi and Quince
Kate's - The Bumblings of KT Bee
Miss Mary Mc

No comments:

Post a Comment